- Issue Time
The prestressed steel wire is a kind of steel wire that is processed and formed by using carbon steel wire to replace the prestressed concrete structure or the prestressed steel structure. Learn about its classification and application.
The prestressed steel wire is a kind of steel wire that is processed and formed by using carbon steel wire to replace the prestressed concrete structure or the prestressed steel structure. The following briefly introduces the classification and application of prestressed steel wire.
Prestressed steel wire can be classified according to diameter, strength level, surface coating, or cross-sectional shape:
1. According to the diameter, it can be classified as 4mm, 4.8mm, 5.0mm, 5.1mm, 6.0mm, 6.25mm, 7.0mm, 7.8mm, 8.0mm, 9.0mm, 9.5mm, 10.0mm, 11mm, 12mm, etc.
2. According to the strength level, it can be classified as medium-strength pre-stressed steel wire 800～1200MPa; high-strength pre-stressed steel wire 1470MPa, 1570MPa, 1670MPa, 1770MPa, and 1860MPa, etc.
3. According to the surface coating, it can be classified into uncoated prestressed steel wire, epoxy resin-coated prestressed steel wire, and galvanized prestressed steel wire.
4. According to the surface shape, it can be classified into smooth round prestressed steel wire, spiral ribbed or helix grooved prestressed steel wire (left-handed or right-handed), crimped prestressed steel wire, or indented prestressed wire Steel wire (scored on both sides, scored on three sides, scored on four sides), etc.
5. According to the treatment process, it can be classified into: cold-drawn pre-stressed steel wire (no relaxation performance requirements) and low-relaxation pre-stressed steel wire.
Cold-drawn prestress is generally used for pipelines, especially those made by the PCCP process. Low-relaxation pre-stressed steel wire is widely used in railway sleepers and pre-stressed concrete poles, a small amount is used in building components, and precast beams are basically not used. Low-relaxation galvanized prestressed steel wire is often used for cable-stayed bridges, tie rod of steel pipe arch bridges, and for the production of prestressed cables for long-span buildings. Galvanized steel wires that are not stabilized are generally used for suspension bridges.
As a professional PC strand wire manufacturer, CHUNPENG manufactures high-quality prestressed steel wire that have already exported to worldwide and widely used for mining industry with good comments from buyers.